National Informatics Centre
Name of Office :
National Informatics Centre
Electronics and Information Technology Government of India
National Informatics Centre Collectorate Building, Sundargarh Dist-Sundargarh, Odisha-770001
National Informatics Centre started its operation in 1988 at Sundargarh District H.Q. Since then it continues its support to District Administration to spread informatics culture in different departments of the District and other sub-district level offices. It is in continuous coordination with its mother organisation at State level and Central level. Side by side, it also in close coordination with District level offices as well as sub-district level offices for implementation of State level and Central level e-Governance projects and products. The “Digital India” campaign by Goverment is slowly taking shape in the District, so that public can get the benifit of a transparent and immediate government service at his door step.
- Prime jobs of National Informatics Centre can be summarized as follows
- Information and Communication Technology(ICT) infrastructure development.
- Central level and State level e-Governance Project/Product implementation at District level.
- Technical advisor to District Administration in the field of Information Technology.
- Research and Development and capacity building in the field Information Technology .
Works and invloved departments
- Revenue and Disaster Management – Bhulekh, Bhunaksha, online LRMS, Land acquisition, Revenue Court Case Management System, Court Case Management System, 25-Point parameter and DWIST
- Legal Section : Arms Licence (NDAL-ALIS)
- Welfare Section : Old Age Pension/Widow Pension/Disability Pension
- District Court : e-Court
- Emergency Section : Rain Fall monitoring system
- Education : Teacher-Student helpline
- Police Department : Crime and Criminal Tracking Network System
- District Consumer Forum : CONFONET
- Women and Child Development Section : CDPO-MPR
- Election Section : Works related to Election process Computerisation, EROnet
- Agriculture Department : AGRISNET
- Animal Husbandry : National Animal Disease Reporting System
- Digital India – Digital Locker
- Welfare Section : Minority student scholarship – Prerna
- Chief Minister’s Grievance Redressal Cell – e-Abhijog
- Provisioning of Internet connection to different sections
- Local Area Network setup and maintainance
- State Level and Central level video conferencing Studio facility
- Development of Geo-portal of the District ad its maintainance
- District Web Site development and maintainance
- Advisor to District Administration in the field of Information Technology
- Providing training for different Govt. employees in user departments for capacity building
- Technical member for recruitment of employees
District Informatics Officer’s incumbency Chart 1. Sri Rajendra Kumar Pradhan, 1996-1997 2. Sri Ashok Kumar Behera, 1997- 3. Sri Raja Ram Mohan Majhi, 4. Sri Kandra Hembrum, 5. Sri Siddharth Mandal, -2017 6. Sri Khirod Kumar Sahoo, 2017-